A healthier snack option this holiday and totally delicious too! If you are travelling to your holiday destination then make this beforehand, slice it up and wrap it in tinfoil to enjoy on the go.
*Makes 4 small loaves or one large one (25cm loaf tin)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (found at Thrupps or Health Stores)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup Greek-style plain yoghurt
- Oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 180°. Add buckwheat flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and dark chocolate chips to a bowl and stir.
- In another bowl, stir shredded zucchini, vanilla extract, coconut oil, mashed, cooked sweet potato, and Greek yoghurt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture until well combined. Lightly oil or butter 4 small loaf pans or one 25cm loaf pan and pour in batter. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool before slicing.