There is something very special about freshly baked banana bread. It's warm, gooey texture just melts in your mouth and often I find myself eating far more than I actually should. Give this banting-friendly recipe a try. It seems to hit the same spot but it is far healthier.
3 ripe bananas
5 medjool pitted dates
5 tbsp of warm water
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Coconut flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In your food processor (I used my Nutribullet) mix the dates and warm water. This will form a nice date paste.
- Add the bananas and vanilla and continue processing.
- Pour into a bowl and add the coconut oil and eggs - mix until evenly distributed.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges have browned and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy (with a blob of butter!)