For most of us, the next 2 to 3 weeks are full of holiday indulgences. We have worked hard during the year & deserve a proper break surrounded by family & friends. It is so nice to “let go” a bit, enjoy one or two more drinks than usual & to try and recuperate from a tough year. I have basically summed up what lies ahead for me but I always try to maintain some kind of daily exercise routine.
An effective workout does not mean hours of plodding away on a treadmill. I am a firm believer in quality of the workout over quantity of time spent doing the workout. These “SEXY IN SIX” circuits are a sure way to get those heart rates up, burn those extra calories you have been consuming & keep you (slightly) on the straight & narrow while you still enjoy your time away.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH CIRCUIT:
- Perform each exercise for 30 seconds.
- Repeat until you have done each exercise 3 times.
- Total time per circuit = 6 minutes. Do each circuit twice.
- Total workout time = 24 minutes.
- No equipment required.
- Suggestion: I like to begin the session with a 10 minute warm-up jog & if you are feeling particularly energetic, you can do a few hill sprints at the half-way mark i.e. when you have completed 2 circuits.